Purposeless

I’m a teenager. I’ve never been a victim to assaults, rapes or even gender discrimination. I’ve never had a deadly disease like cancer or MS. I’m not pregnant. My parents are together and love me more than anything. I’ve never suffered from poverty or hunger either. I’ve never even been dumped by a guy on a major scale.
You’d think I’d be absolutely content and happy. Why shouldn’t I be anyway? I have everything I need.
But I’m not.
I feel purposeless. There’s nothing to fight for in my life. Nothing that I can look back at and say,” I did this and it was a very big deal”. I have all this energy and dedication and willpower inside me but nothing to channelize it towards.
– Finding reasons to fight for

13 Comments Add yours

1. whyyymeee says:

I felt the same way for a while. Unwillingly, purposeless, and no motivation to do anything. I have a wonderful life and amazing boyfriend, but it seems like something is missing….

Liked by 2 people

1. I know I can understand, maybe it’s just that thing of inspiring people and being prominent.

Liked by 1 person

2. Shagustus says:

There are many years ahead. You will find your purpose. Give thanks to what you have. Many others have unsurmountable odds to overcome, with very little in a way of family to rely on. Tomorrow is another day! Blessings!

Liked by 3 people

1. Thank you. I do appreciate all that life has given me

3. William Starns says:

Sometimes, you don’t have a purpose. You create one. You don’t need to find one.

Liked by 1 person

1. Well, that’s the whole point. Sometimes you misinterpret your purpose.

Liked by 1 person

1. William Starns says:

What has to happen will happen. No use being afraid of a few mistakes.

Liked by 3 people

4. EverettMiles says:

First seek to be happy. If so, passion and purpose will undoubtedly come to you. It will take a long time and a lot of mistakes. As long as you approach life with an open mind, purpose will find you.

Liked by 1 person

1. On the journey you just described. Fully spirited and charged with positive vibes and hope to explore new reasons for being, however little they may be. Thank you so much.

5. Noirfifre says:

Be careful what you wish for because life has a funny [not haha] way of giving things we say we lack and then its becomes the mother load of loads.

Liked by 1 person

1. I know, which is why I’m happy with the life I have, just strange thoughts

Liked by 1 person

6. Be happy while you can & count your blessings… you will find challenges as you go along in life…
    PS: you can always challenge your own limits and exceed them, be it in studies, sports or anything that takes your fancy πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person